Monday, April 28, 2014

Loosing a leg

This is not a decision I'm making lightly. I don't see much of an alternative considering the severity of Buddy's injury. So, I've given doctor Greg the go ahead.

Buddy looked reasonably comfortable when I visited him this morning. He's due for the amputation around 11:00. They're going to take the leg off mid femur, but try to leave all the hip mussel intact.  I've been told that he may be released this evening, or tomorrow morning.

Obviously, we're going to be here in Lewistown for a little while. I guess it all depends on Bud and how well he adapts to this change.






2 comments:

  1. Oh Lucas, I'm so devastated for both you and Buddy. I imagine you feel awful. What happened? Buddy is strong and young. He will learn to adapt. I know this probably comes as a huge shock for you and a major crimp in your summer plans. Keep us posted. Also, we weren't able to view the pictures in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's been terrible, but I'm confident that good will come of it. Bud looked good after the operation. He's gonna recover quickly from this trauma

    ReplyDelete