Tuesday, February 18, 2014

So far...

Hey everyone,

There's not a lot to share at the moment. Buddy and I did about fifteen miles yesterday before going back to my place to take a rest. Amazingly, when he got back to his home, he still had the energy to spin circles around Camie for an hour. He doesn't seem nearly as distressed when I leave him for the night, and when I come in the morning, he's right there at the gate, ready to go.

He totally crashed after we finished our walk yesterday.


I let him off his leash on the Greenway for the first time this morning, and apart from getting a little distracted by a female, he stayed around and always returned when I called. So, I thought I'd add this short video of our training exercises so you can check out what we've been doing.

 
All in all, things are going well. His eye seems to be on the mend, so perhaps it's true that good things come in small packages. And yes, there has been enough in the tube for more than 2 doses. He actually appears to enjoy getting the ear cleanings now (quite a different story from the first attempt), and his appetite is improving.

3 comments:

  1. Lucas, we are all extremely impressed at your ability to train Buddy in such a short period of time. We always perceived that Buddy was a highly intelligent dog; nevertheless, each blog posting leaves us proud and impressed at his progress!!
    You are exactly the kind of owner he needs to thrive and to reach his full potential. Even though we gave him plenty of attention, I believe that your one-on-one training and devotion is suiting him much better. You're doing a fantastic job! Buddy, the kids say HELLO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jolie. I agree that there is wealth of untapped potential as far as Buddy's abilities. I hope to see him doing amazing things. Oh, and I let him know that the kids said 'hello.' I'm sure he'd appreciate it if he understood. How's your mother's health?

      Delete
    2. Hello Jolie. I hope that everything is going well in your family. Buddy's still doing quite good. I remember you mentioned that he had had his shots. I called the clinic where you had originally taken him for vaccinations and they had his record for rabies. I was wondering if he has been given any additional vaccines this year. I need to get him up to date before we leave on April 1st, but I don't want to double up on anything needlessly.

      Cheers

      Delete